Martin Park is a 50 acre, off-leash dog park, open dawn to dusk throughout the year and is located at 350 Commerce Avenue. Open play areas, wooded sections, obstacle course, greenspace, natural paths, and a stream provide opportunities for a quiet walk or meeting new friends. The park is partially, but not fully, fenced.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash prior to entering and when leaving the park entrance.
- Owners must pick-up after their pets and properly dispose feces.
- No more than 3 dogs per person per visit.
- Owners must carry a leash and be in verbal control of their dog(s) at all times.
- Owners must prevent aggressive barking, biting and fighting.
- Dogs must be properly vaccinated.
- The park is not fully fenced - dogs must stay within park boundaries.
- Park staff are not responsible for assisting with control of dogs
- No alcohol, tobacco or nicotine delivery products are allowed on Town property
- Use the park at your own risk--the Town is not responsible for injury to people or animals or for property loss or damage.
- Park access can be revoked if rules and regulations are not followed.
- Questions about the park? Call Southern Pines Parks & Recreation: 910-692-2463
- For problems with dog behavior, call Moore County Animal Services 910-947-2858
Martin Park is now home to the "Canine Cubby," which is designed to function like a food pantry. The community-supported cubby helps pet owners in need by providing access to new or gently used pet supplies, toys, and food for their furry companions.
To maintain the quality and safety of the donated items, the following guidelines have been established:
- Donations should be in gently used or new condition, clean, and free from dirt, debris, and pet hair. Please do not donate items that are heavily worn, torn, or damaged.
- Pet food or treats should not be expired and the packaging should be sealed in the original container/bag.
- Avoid items that pose a potential safety risk to pets, such as toys with small parts that could be swallowed, items made from toxic materials, or sharp edges or parts that can be easily chewed off.
- Donations should be of good quality and durability. Avoid items that are easily breakable or likely to deteriorate quickly. Consider toys that are suitable for dogs of different sizes and play styles.
- Please ensure that pet beds or blankets are clean, odor-free, and in good condition. Leashes and collars should be functional, without frayed edges or broken clips.
- Donations of grooming supplies, such as brushes, shampoos, and nail clippers, should be new and unopened.
- The cubby is only for pet-related items. Please take clothing or non-pet-related household items to one of the many local organizations that accept those types of donations.
- A whiteboard is posted inside the cubby, allowing donors to share details of larger items, like dog crates, that are available but can’t fit inside the cubby. Pet owners may also post requests for items they may need.
- Please be respectful of the cubby and park. Neatly place items inside the cubby and do not leave any donations outside of it.