Are there are entities that can impact a decision on zoning for my site?
In addition to the Town of Southern Pines and Moore County, the following entities may have input and/or be able to assist with your request:

TARPO (Triangle Area Rural Plannning Organizations) is primarily involved when a potential site’s transportation needs impact the region, along with the NCDOT.

RLUAC (Regional Land Use Advisory Commission) monitors and has input on sites that may impact Fort Bragg

US Fish & Wildlife manages the regional habitat for a number of endangered species that make their home in the Sandhills.
US Fish and Wildlife

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I have a question or information request?
2. How do I stay up-to-date regarding planning happenings within the Town?
3. How can I find agendas and minutes from Board meetings and public hearings?
4. Are there are entities that can impact a decision on zoning for my site?
5. How can I find more information on regulations affecting the Historic District?
6. What is the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
7. What is the difference between the UDO and the Code of Ordinances?
8. How can I find out more information about the UDO?
9. How can I find out about zoning?
10. What are the rules about signage?
11. How do I find out if my land is affected by endangered species or conservation regulations?
12. When are public hearings and how can I participate?
13. What does public hearing sign look like and what does it do?
14. What does the Planning Board do and how I can participate?
15. What is the Technical Review Committee?