AARP is working toward being able to provide an appointment based, drop-off tax service. To get more information on start dates or to make an appointment, please call 910-684-3157 and listen to the message for instructions. All appointments must be scheduled ahead of time, there are no same day or walk-in appointments this year. Appointments are for a drop-off service - tax preparation is not done on site.
On the day of your appointment, bring the following:
- Records of federal / state income taxes paid
- Photo ID
- SSN card
- Copy of last year's return
- Amount of stimulus payments received in 2020/2021
- All tax documents: W2, SSA 1099, 1099R, 1099-NEC, other 1099 forms, or self employment records (income/expenses, brokerage statements, healthcare-1095A for marketplace insurance)
- Educational expenses
- Record of charitable contributions
- Items for itemizing dedications if appropriate
- Bank information for direct deposit
Federal tax forms are available for download at the IRS website, while State Forms may be ordered by mail at no cost by calling 1-877-252-3052, or be downloaded and printed from the NC Department of Revenue’s website. You may access and print these forms inside the library. Printing is 15 cents per page. Library staff can assist you in locating and printing these forms.