Additional Public Information
Public Records Request
If you would like to make a Public Records Request please fill out the Public Information Request Form (PDF) and deliver to the Town Administration office.
Process for Requesting a Board of Zoning Adjustment Review
The Board of Zoning Adjustment considers requests for reviews of Town decisions in the following areas related to the zoning ordinance:
- Zoning Variance
- Appeal of Administrative Decision
- Interpretation of a Zoning Map
- Special Use Permit
- The individual requesting a review may pick up an application during business hours at the Planning and Inspections Department located at 180 S.W. Broad St.
- The completed application must be submitted, with the required fee, 25 days prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Board of Zoning Adjustment.
- Planning staff forwards the Review Application to the members of the Board and sets a meeting date and time. (The Board meets only when there is an application to consider.)
- Planning staff posts the date and time of the meeting on the Public Meetings Calendar.
- Planning staff notifies the applicant by mail of the meeting date, time, and location.
- The Board meets and receives all testimony and public comment.
- The Board may make a decision at that meeting or at a future meeting.