Waste Industries & Recycling
Municipal Solid Waste, Recycle & Yard Waste
Phone: Waste Industries 866-423-4122 (Questions or Problems)
Solid Waste Collection
The Town of Southern Pines contracts with Waste Industries to provide:
- Once a week, curbside or back door residential and small commerical garbage collection.
- Once a week, bulky item collection.
- Every two weeks yard waste collection, same day as garbage & recycling collection.
- Dumpster service for apartments and town-owned dumpsters.
- Once a week Recycling
- Service is usually delayed by one day when Waste Industries observes the following holidays: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Effective July 1, 2011 televisions and computer equipment are banned from disposal in NC landfills by state law. Residents cannot put these items in their garbage. These items will not be collected in bulky load collections as those loads go to the landfill. Moore County residents can utilize any County of Moore convenience drop off location to recycle electronics. The nearest locations are on Highway 5 between Aberdeen and Pinehurst and on Highway 15-501 at Hillcrest, near Carthage. Recycle Your Electronics Flyer
- Waste Industries will provide 95 gallon roll-out containers for garbage collection. Call 866-423-4122 to obtain your free cart.
- Residents may call 866-423-4122 for collection of bulky items and white goods.
- Residents can find out their scheduled pick up day by using the Garbage Schedule Map(PDF) or by using The Interactive Map on the Town's GIS site.
- Calls may be placed for collection of dead animals weighing less than 10 pounds.
- The Town of Southern Pines provides curbside collection of recyclables in an 18 gallon bin. Collect your recyclables in this container for single stream recycling and put the bin curbside once a week on your normal pick up day for solid waste. Multi-family complexes will have carts at a central collection site within the development to dispose of the recyclables.
- Acceptable items include aluminum and bi-metal drink cans, clear, brown, and green soft drink bottles, beer bottles, juice containers, food containers and wine and liquor bottles, plastic bottles with a neck numbered 1 through 7, newspapers and inserts that come in newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, copy paper, cereal boxes and similar boxes and old corrugated cardboard cut down to 2' X 3' to fit in bin, steel cans include (tin) cans used for fruits, vegetables, soups, juices, pet food and other food items.
- Unacceptable items include Styrofoam, plastic films and bags, plastic trays and dishes, containers with food or hazardous materials, mirrors, plate glass, drinking glasses, ceramic cups and plates and coat hangers.
- The Town of Southern Pines and Waste Industries Invite you to Recycle! Recycling Flyer (PDF)
- The Town of Southern Pines provides for the collection of leaves, limbs and yard clippings approximately once every two weeks on the same day as garbage and recycling collection for residential locations only.
- It is the residents' responsibility to see that this debris is properly placed at the curb for collection.
- Please do not place debris on the roadway, gutters or roadside ditches.
- Piles of trash on the roadway or too near the travel lane often times create traffic hazards.
- Trash in gutters or ditches cause storm water catch basins and culverts to stop up which also creates hazards and maintenance problems.
- Due to landfill disposal regulations, piles of yard trash contaminated with plastics, paper, cardboard, etc. cannot be collected.
- Tree limbs must not be more than 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter, and must be separated from yard rakings.
- The town will not be responsible for collecting more than 3 cubic yards of yard waste from any one location.
- No material, such as trees, shrubbery, or underbrush resulting from the clearing of vacant land, will be picked up by the town.
Bulky Items And White Goods Collection:
- The Town of Southern Pines provides collection services for white goods and bulky items to town residences once each week on the same day as garbage and recycling collection.
- Only residential locations receive this service.
- The town will not be responsible for collecting more than three cubic yards of bulky items from one location during any one collection cycle.
- Residents desiring this service should contact Waste Industries directly at 866-423-4122, confirm pick up day and then place items(s) at curb no earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick up time.
- Any items mixed with garbage, building materials or construction debris will be rejected. The removal of building materials and construction debris is the responsibility of the property owner.
Back to top
Customers may call 692-1983 with questions or problems.