The Streets Division maintains town-owned paved streets and dirt roads in the town.
State system roads and private streets, such as those in gated communities, are not maintained by the town.
Other services conducted by the Streets Department include:
- Installing and maintaining storm drainage systems serving town streets, repair potholes and utility cuts.
- Installing and maintaining sidewalks along town and state system streets.
- Street sweeping on town and state system streets according to a schedule that varies with need and location; typically, only streets with curb and gutters are swept.
- Maintaining street name signs on all public streets within town limits, traffic signs and markings along town maintained streets.
- Overseeing the provision of streetlights along town streets which are installed and maintained by Duke Energy Progress.
TOWN OF SOUTHERN PINES STREET RESURFACING PROJECT
The Town of Southern Pines will be starting the resurfacing project in the following areas on or about June 1, 2016. This work will be done by Riley Paving. The Town regrets any inconvenience you may experience and thanks you for your cooperation and patience as we work together for the betterment of our community. Should you have any questions contact the Public Works Department Cory Albers at 692-1983. NO ON STREET PARKING ALLOWED DURING THIS PROJECT
|Bell Ave||Old US 1||S. Bennett St|
|Pinegrove Rd||E. Indiana Ave||Hillside Rd|
|Paddock Ln||Steeplechase Way||Cul-de-sac|
|Paddock Ln||Knoll Rd||Steeplechase Way|
|Crestview Rd||N. Leak St||N. Saylor St|
|Artillery Rd||Midland Rd||Clematis Rd|
|Memorial Park Ct||Morganton Rd||W. Iowa Ave|
|Crest Rd||Swoop Dr||Fairway Dr|
|Memair Pl||Lazar Ln||Cul-de-sac|
|Arbutus Rd||Crosscut Ln||Penn Carrol Ln|
|S. Glover St||W. Pennsylvania Ave||W. New York Ave|
|W. Wisconsin Ave||S. Henley St||S. Stephens St|
|W. Wisconsin Ave||S. Stephens St||S. Gaines St|