Resident Rate Definition
A "resident" of Southern Pines is a person, whose permanent, primary home is in the town limits of Southern Pines, or who owns property within the town limits of Southern Pines on which the person pays property tax. Non-residents rates are double resident rates. If you would like to check your residency status, please enter your address at: GIS Mapping
A nonresident membership allows all immediate family members residing in your home to pay resident rates for Recreation Department programs, athletics and activities for one year from date of purchase. If you do not live in or own property in the city limits of Southern Pines, you may purchase a nonresident membership for $60 (non-refundable).
Note: Non-resident memberships DO NOT APPLY TO RENTALS.
For youth programs and adult athletics or Train House, Train Station, park shelters and athletic rentals call Southern Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 910-692-2463.
For Douglas Community Center senior activities and rentals call 910-692-7376.
Resident / Non-Resident Rates: The following fees are for resident of Southern Pines only. See Resident Rate Definition above. NOTE: Rates are Double for non-residents
|Facility||* Mon - Thurs Rental Fee ($)||Fri - Sun Rental Fee ($)||Hours per Rental||Extra Hours Fee ($)||Max Capacity|
|Douglass Community Center
(20 tables/175 chairs)
10 per hour
Max 150 seated (suggested)
||10 per hour
||Shelter and Park sizes vary|
(Some tables and chairs available)
|45||50||3||10 per hour||50 standing (fire law)
(12 Tables/50 Chairs)
||3||10 per hour
||185 standing (fire law)
Max 50 seated (suggested)
Other Rentals & Services
The following are fees for residents. (Double the fee for non-residents)
- After Hours Key Fee: $25 (After hours key pick-up not guaranteed)
- Athletic Field Rentals: No lights $10 per game or hour; with lights $20 per game or hour
- Bleacher Rental: $25 per bleacher per rental day
- Game Bag: $20
- Open Gym: $5 per season (ages 15 and under); $10 per season (ages 16 and over)
- Recreation Center Large Gym: $75 per hour plus $10 per hour for gym supervisor
- Recreation Center Small Gym: $50 per hour plus $10 per hour for gym supervisor
- Swimming Pool: $20 per hour (must have a certified lifeguard-contact office for details)
- Pool Admission: $1 for ages 12 and under; $2 for ages 13 and above (double for non-resident)