WELCOMEThe Human Resources function is dedicated to providing all current and prospective Town Employees with information and resources that will help make the employment experience with the Town of Southern Pines both professionally and personally rewarding. Any questions about employment opportunities, compensation, benefits, training, professional development or any other item related to the employment experience can be directed to one of the 5 professionals in the Administration Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Southern Pines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected class or disability.
Note: Due to the age and design of our facility, the Administration Building is only accessible by use of stairs. If you require reasonable accommodations to participate in a job application process, program, or activity, please contact the Human Resources Department at 910-692-7021 and we will be happy to arrange alternative accommodations.
The Town of Southern Pines is a drug-free workplace and all employment is contingent on the successful completion of both a drug screen and a criminal background check.
A list of currently available positions may be viewed here.
What we offer
In addition to competitive pay, the Town of Southern Pines offers many benefits to our full-time employees including:
Town Paid Benefits
- Town pays 95% of medical/pharmacy/vision benefits premium for all full-time employees. (Dependent coverage is available with a cost to employees.)
- Town provided $50,000 life insurance policy for all full-time employees.
- Town provided 5% contribution to full-time employee 401k account (following completion of probation period).
- Town provided contribution to Local Government Employee's Retirement System for all full-time employees.
- Town provides a $100 per pay period section 125 contribution to all full-time employees. This can be used to offset any employee benefit cost, to purchase supplemental benefits, or can placed in a retirement or savings account.
- Paid Vacation benefits.
- Paid Personal Sick time benefits.
- 11 (*or 12) Paid Holidays annually. (*One additional day off when Christmas Day falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.)
(Require employee contribution)
- Dental insurance is available for full-time employees, and their families.
- Supplemental life insurance benefits are available for full-time employee, spouse and children.
- A variety of supplemental products and services are available to full-time employees, such as; Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, Critical Illness insurance, and Accident insurance.
- Additional retirement savings options are available to full-time employees.